- (1) 8×8″ sticky gingerbread spice cake cut into small squares
- 2 cups (480g)heavy cream, chilled
- 1 cup (130g) powdered sugar cut into small squares
- 1 package (8 ounces/225g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (240g) sour cream or full fat Greek yogurt, chilled
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup soft candied cranberries in syrup
To a medium sized bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, add softened cream cheese, sifted powdered sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Beat mixture with the whisk attachment until smooth, about 2 minutes (stop mixing to scrape bowl with a spatula to ensure ingredients are evenly mixed).
Add in the sour cream or Greek yogurt and mix until smooth. Add in the heavy whipping cream and mix initially at low speed to blend into mixture. Once cream is incorporated into the cream cheese mixture, slowly increase the speed of your mixer to medium high and whip the cream until it has medium soft peaks, about 2-3 minutes.
To assemble your trifle, scoop 1/2 of the cheesecake whipped cream into the bottom of the trifle dish into an even layer. Add the cut up gingerbread cake followed by about 1/2 of the candied cranberries & some of their syrup. Finish with the remaining cheesecake whipped cream and garnish with the rest of the candied cranberries and their syrup (save the final cranberries to add just before serving if making ahead).
- Prep Time: 20 minutes