FOR THE SALAD
- 3 cups cooked & cooled wheat berries (quinoa, bulgur, or couscous would work as well)
- 2 cups, pitted & halved green plums
- 1 cup sliced seedless cucumber
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- pinch of salt
- pinch of fresh cracked pepper
- small handful fresh basil
- small handful fresh mint
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey ( substitute maple syrup or agave for vegan option )
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp water, or more as needed
- salt & pepper to taste
- purslane for garnish ( optional )
- Combine the prepared plums & cucumber in a bowl with 2 tbsp olive oil, juice of 1/2 a lemon, pinch of salt & pepper and torn mint & basil leaves. Toss to combine and allow to marinate while you prepare the dressing.
- Combine tahini, olive oil, honey, lemon juice and water with a pinch of salt & pepper in a medium bowl and whisk to blend, adding a small bit of water as needed to achieve a smooth but creamy dressing consistency.
- Reserve a bit of the dressing in a small bowl for serving and toss the rest of the dressing with the wheat berries.
- To serve, fill bowls with prepared wheat berries, top with marinated plum & cucumber salad and garnish with fresh purslane or other seasonal green – add more dressing over the top as desired
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours