- 1 (16 oz) pack rigatoni noodles, plus water + salt to boil
- 2 cups roasted pumpkin
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt, to taste
- 4 sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pack mozzarella vegan cheese (we used Follow Your Heart brand)
- 1 pack provolone vegan cheese (we used Follow Your Heart brand)
FOR THE GARNISH:
- 1 bag shredded vegan mozzarella shreds (we used Daiya brand)
- 12 sage leaves
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Fill a large pot with water and add a good amount of sea salt. Bring to a boil, add the rigatoni noodles. Follow package instructions & boil until the noodles are al dente. Drain noodles & transfer to a baking sheet, arranging noodles into 1 flat layer so they keep their shape.
- In a high speed blender, add the pumpkin and water, blend until smooth and creamy. Add the chopped cheeses, butter, nutmeg, 4 sage leaves, and cornstarch. Start by blending on low and gradually turn up the speed, until you are left with a smooth and creamy sauce, scraping down the sides and moving everything around as needed.
- Prepare a 12″ inch springform pan by rubbing with a bit of vegan butter. Arrange the rigatoni noodles vertically in the springform pan. Evenly pour the cheese sauce over the noodles, using a spoon to get all of the sauce out of the blender and to make sure the noodles on the edges get filled as well.
- Add the entire bag of shredded cheese to the top of the rigatoni pie and bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes until pie is hot & bubbling.
- Remove the pie from the oven and while it cools at room temperature, melt 2 tbsp of vegan butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, add the sage leaves and cook until crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Top rigatoni pie with crispy sage leaves, run a knife along the edge of the springform pan, remove the outer ring of the pan, slice and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes